Friday, February 20, 2009

Rest In Paradise, Mike... You are missed.


Just paying respects to a great man, graffiti writer, visionary, revolutionary... Taken from this world February 17, 2000, Michael Francisco from Oakland better known to the world as "DREAM TDK" was one of my biggest influences growing up. My good friend Doug Cunningham first told me about him when I was just a little kid. He was a style technician, among other things but a symbol of what a true graffiti writer was and should be. I did not know him personally but he had a profound impact on my life as writer and as a man, and I still feel that till this day. Here's to you, REST IN POWER King DREAM!







One of Dream's last pieces. Frisco, California.


AMEN!


Peace,

-G

1 comment:

  1. Hello, sir. I found your shit through pat. Just dropping by to say "hello" to you and gina. Hope all is well. That is all.
    -ffej

    ReplyDelete